How to add category to the workflow life cycle?

Shani March 11, 2015

Hi,

I would like to know How can I add additional category or step to the workflow life cycle screen, such as adding a "QA step" between the "In progress" step and the "Done" step.

Thanks,

Shani

4 answers

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2015

First you need to add a status (e.g. "In QA" or something like that)

Then you need to edit your workflow (or create a copy) and add a step linked to that new status, add transitions as well.

Start reading this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

1 vote
Shani March 12, 2015

Hi Rpandyaram,

Thanks you for your explanation.

I can't find the menu that you mentioned in your comment, do you know where can I find it?

image2015-3-12 15:28:58.png

Thanks,

Shani

RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

I was referring to the agile board configuration if the work flow that has been set up is simplified work flow.

image2015-3-12 13:53:39.png

Under columns , you must be able to see if it is agile simplified workflow that is set:

image2015-3-12 13:55:18.png

Please share the screen shot of your agile board at Configure --> Columns

0 votes
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2015

Hi Shani,

If you are using Agile Simplified workflow, you can configure the board at Columns.

You can add a new status and add a column straight away from here.

Column configuration.JPG

If you are adding customized work flow, your work flow has to be updated with the new status. In this case , the new status will be listed under unmapped statuses.

At agile board, you can add a column and map the newly added status beneath that column.

0 votes
Shani March 11, 2015

Thank you Udo,
Will this actions will add the step to the below screen as well?

image2015-3-12 10:16:56.png

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Not sure, that seems to be something releated to jira agile (where I'm not very familiar with) To add a status type 'gg' + statuses (you must be jira adminstrator in order to do so) > now add a new status

Suggest an answer