How to add auto reminder

nitin gite January 19, 2013

Is that possible in jira to add reminder or email notification to user after 1 month (customise) closing of issue

3 answers

6 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

It has been a long time but since there is no accepted answer I want to highlight another solution. You can use "Issue Reminders" add-on to create a reminder that will notify you or any other user at any time. You can add reminder custom field on issue transition screen and create a reminder as you requested.

5 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

That's definitely possible. Use JIRA's email notification. Create a filter that will select issues that were closed 1 month ago and subscribe to it.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

And may be add a group subscription so that everyone need not manually subscribe. Include assignee = currentUser() in the JQL so that everyone receives those issues which they are supposed to look at rather than every issue for everyone.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2013
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

It's not after creating filter, it is in the criteria that you use for creating the filter.

Use the 'updated' field or 'resolved' field and specify the date as 1 month ago, which is sufficient in most cases.

Or create a custom field called 'Closed Date' which gets filled when the issue transitions from Resolved to Closed (use a post function which copies the value from Updated field to Closed Date field)

(And the existing post function you mentioned, go ahead and remove it)

Like # people like this
nitin gite January 20, 2013

Create a filter that will select issues that were closed 1 month ago and subscribe to it.

>>

I have created filter, manage it also,you answered me "that will select issue that were closed 1 month ago" that setting i did not found in filter subscription , i just found schedule parameter but not the condition (closing condition ), i want to notify vai mail after 1 month closing of issue ,

i have done post fuction also but it sending mail immediatly that i dont want

Suggest an answer