How to add a status field in a the detail form of a project

Talia Arroyo October 18, 2017

I need to see if the project is open or closed, so I wanted to add a field in the form detail of the project. If is there any other way to see the status of the project or how can I add that field in that form. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2017

How are you currently telling Jira a project is "closed"?

Talia Arroyo October 20, 2017

I read about that, and there is no way you can say JIRA that it's closed, so when we finish the project, I change the permissions so the team stop working and viewing the project. 

That's why I want to have a new field so I can classify the projects in my reports. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2017

There's no way to do that natively, and even if you were to add an add-on like "Profields" to enable it, it won't help you with "closed", it will just be a field that has no effect on the project.

To "close" a project, create a permission scheme that suits it (read only maybe, or read only for admins, etc), and apply it.  Then, maybe, change the project category to soemthing you know is "closed"

Suggest an answer