How to add a simple news page?

Adar Bronstein April 26, 2012

Hey guys,

I was wondering how would one add a simple news page or any other simple page to the system?

What if I wanted a news feed tab of some sort? I couldn't find a dadget to do that and it's not really possible to add tabs to the top menu of the dashboard..

Thanks !

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2012

If you are looking for publishing some internal news, a crude form will be to use a text gadget and stuff in the html that you want to display.

Adar Bronstein April 30, 2012

Well I'm not a programmer and I don't really know how to edit or add RSS feeds.. :\

How can I add a text gadget? I couldn't find one in the list of available gadgets, the only close gadget I could find is the Introduction gadget but I'm already using it and there is only one place I can edit it which would change the text in all similar gadgets.. I also can't change the title of it..

Thanks !

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Sorry, as usual, I missed the fact that you are on OnDemand. Text gadget is disabled in OnDemand.

Anyway the link to Text Gadget is below, just for information

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+the+Text+Gadget

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

You could modify the "JIRA News" gadget... or find some other OpenSocial RSS feed gadget.

0 votes
Adar Bronstein April 26, 2012

Someone? Anyone?

Suggest an answer