How to add a simple link to a web page in the customer portal?

Levi Rinkoff August 3, 2014

Hi Guys

Setting up Jira service desk for a big organization. I need to post a link to some web page (e.g. cnn.com) either through a request type or on the main customer portal page. Guys - this must be a simple thing. Please assist.

Thank you,

Levi

4 answers

4 votes
danielpoft December 11, 2017

Atlassian products are good, but  you just blow all your time trying to make very small and simple things like to have a decent customer portal. To have the Knowledge base topics visible or to introduce a link to a webpage it's a big headache.  After the logo and the colors, the personalization level it's almost zero...

0 votes
JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2019

FYI you can do this with the paid plugin, 'extension for jira service desk'. You can make a link per project or entire site wide. its under Project Settings -> Extension -> links

Thomas Erni October 23, 2019

Hi JiraYO

Could you provide a screenshot or a more detailed explanation? Because the only thing I can found is the new menu point "Dynamic Forms". It would be great to just add a new Request-Type and then get redirected to our product feedback page.

How_To_Custom_Link.png

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

Did you install "extensions for jira service desk" plugin?

Can you scroll on the left hand menu down to the bottom where it says "extensions" and then "links".

sorry i dont know, its pretty clear. Maybe clear your browser cache if you dont see it.

extensions.png

Thomas Erni October 30, 2019

Hm are you using an on-premise solution? They distinct their apps by "Extensions for Jira Service Desk Cloud" and "Extensions for Jira Service Desk Server". And I tried all the service desk templates, I even deleted the project and recreated it. I cleared the browser cache (as a Dev the first thing I did) and even tried another browser (edge) without any extensions. Nothing appears. And their documentation isn't clear about what should appear and change within the service desk. I'm / We are going to use their cloud products, so I think there is a problem.

Anyway thank you for your time! I try my luck with their support. Let's see where this goes.

2019_10_30_13_28_50_Microsoft_Edge.png2019_10_30_13_31_22_Report_a_bug_Deviniti_Support_Service_Desk.png2019_10_30_13_31_35_Manage_apps_Jira.png

JiraYo
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2019

Oh maybe that is the difference, yes we are hosted on site here. Perhaps the cloud is limited in this regard, i would contact the plugin author. They are usually pretty receptive and who knows it could just be a bug with cloud version.

0 votes
Oliviu Nita August 10, 2015

Hi,

How to add a macro on the Customer Portal?

If it is possible, i don't want to use a field, i just want to add a info macro for the users with a link to our Confluence. 

Look at the exemple from the Atlassian Portal: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/create/20

Cheers & thank's.Capture 2015-08-02 at 11.16.24.png

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

Hi Levi,

The 'Customer Portal' menu allows you to 'Edit Form' for each request type. In here you can use the 'Help and Instructions' field to create a link. There is an example in the edit page of using a link formatting to help you out with the syntax :)

Cheers,
Paul

Ok, this is good but how do i get rid of the summary field?

The desire is from the main customer portal, not just to have 'request type' links, but a link that will simpley lead you directly to a web page (e.g. cnn.com) or alternativly will send you to a confluence page, for example - a news page, or a page with a list of links (Bassically just an informational page).

Ok, this is good but how do i get rid of the summary field?

The desire is from the main customer portal, not just to have 'request type' links, but a link that will simpley lead you directly to a web page (e.g. cnn.com) or alternativly will send you to a confluence page, for example - a news page, or a page with a list of links (Bassically just an informational page).

Levi Rinkoff August 5, 2014

Hi Paul

Any directions?

Thanks,

Levi

Suggest an answer