How to add a screenshot? JIRA returns no error message.

Georg Knoth June 20, 2012

Hi,

if I try to add a screenshot to an issue, the screenshot is not added at all, although I do not get any error message in application.

I call the Java Applet window and I can include the screenshot there. But when I want to commit it via the button the screenshot is not added to the issue.

When I looked into the logs I recognized the following warning message: 2012-06-20 16:01:12,625 TP-Processor14 WARN [jira.web.util.CookieUtils] Found multiple JSESSIONID cookies, when rendering link to screenshot applet page. You may have another Java webapp at context path '/' (in which case this message is harmless), or there may be a problem in IE attaching the screenshot via the screenshot applet.

I do not know what this warning is about, so I have no idea what to adjust in JIRA or browser (IE8) to get it work...

I am working with JIRA 3.10.1, via Win XP and IE8.

Thanks for help,

Georg

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2012

I don't know the warning message, but I once had the same problem when jira was running as a user with no write access to the attachement directories - maybe you can look into that...

Georg Knoth June 20, 2012

Hi Thomas,

thank you for your answer, but the write access to the corresponding directories is given. That is not the problem.

As I tried to add a screenshot from another PC (with the same JIRA user account), that worked correctly. So it seems to come with my operation system configuration, especially browser configuration in IE 8. Which browser settigs could cause this problem. Any idea?

Best regards,

Georg

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2012

Another problem could be that you don't allow third party cookies. As far as I remember the attach screenshots plugin needs that.

Suggest an answer