How to add a project version state?

Dušan Juhás November 7, 2013

Is it possible to add a new project version state?

By default, it is possible to have a version in following states:

• unreleased
  • released
  • released and built
  • archived

Is it possible to add a new state - in test?

How?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2013

Code.

You'll need to amend the core functionality in Jira to support this.

Deleted user November 17, 2013

Are there any resources you can point us to on how to approach this? I will be needing to do this as well.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2013

I'm not that sure where to start really. I know you'll need to unpick the code that provides the version functionality so you can override/extend it, and think through how your changes affect the grouping in the version field drop-down lists.

If you've got a copy of the code for Jira (Commercial licencees have access) then that is where to start.

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2018

We would also like to add a few extra states to our versions. Has there been any progress on this front since 2013? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2018

Nope, there's no appetite to do this from what I've read here and on JaC

0 votes
Ricardo Martinez October 23, 2019

Is there any update on this matter?

Was anyone able to add a new Version Status?

Thanks in advance

Suggest an answer