How to add a new user name field ("Tester")

Volker Hetzer January 13, 2015

Hi!

Is it possible to adda field to JIRA issues that works like the "Assignee" field but is called differently?

Right now we are constantly asking around who is testing which issue but we'd like to keep the assignee field unchanged so that we know who should fix any bugs.

I'd be happy with a field to be filled in with the user find functionality.

Ideally, the user that pulls the request into the test collumn of the sprint board would automatically be put into that field, but I guess this is unlikely

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

You would need to create a custom field of type User Picker. There you have the same autocompletion feature as in your assignee field.

Regarding the automated setting of this field, if draging the issue into a column (I'm not really familiar with agile) means a transition is triggered, then yes you could use a postfunction to set this field from the current user. see:https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/230694/how-to-set-current-user-in-custom-field-in-my-workflow-post-function

0 votes
Volker Hetzer January 13, 2015

Great!

Volker

Suggest an answer