How to add a custom field to version ?

Raspdealer November 6, 2014

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to add a custom field (e.g. Expire Date) to my differents versions ?

Thanks for help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2014

No, custom fields are for issues.  There's no way to add fields to versions.  I'm not aware of any plugins that do it well enough to be usable either.

And if we add a custom field like a date for example, is it possible to have the same behaviour than the release date on a version (red if passed) ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2014

I repeat - custom fields are for issues. There is no way to add fields to versions.

I talk about custom field on issue now :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 6, 2014

You can add dates, but they won't have any functionality other than being a date field.

Ok thanks

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2014

Based on your additional questions sent to Nic, you may want to check out two options:

1. Implementing your "colored date" custom field as a scripted field
  2. Use the standard "due field" for your purposes. It sounds as if it was very close to your requirements.

Suggest an answer