How to add a condition for a custom option list field in Jira and test if the field has the default None value?

I want to add a condition in an workflow to not allow to go further if a custom field of type option list has the default value, value that is None (not the None string).

I tried to add condition != None (as String) and it failed.

It is funny but I wasn't able to locate documentation regarding the values.

1 answer

0 vote
Mizan Community Champion Jun 11, 2012

we cannot use != to compare strings.

Thanks, but I was looking for a solution, not a confirmation that this doesn't work :)

Mizan Community Champion Jun 11, 2012

Your question gives very less idea about your problem , can you elaborate ?

are you creating a plugin ?

can you post little more code ?

do you get any compilation errors or runtime exceptions ?

AFAIK there are plenty of documents available on creating a workflow condition ( plugin or script)

you should even refer this answer by Nic Brough

It's only about jira 3.x configuration, it's not about plugins. I added a screenshot with the Add condition fields. The problem is that I don't know how to configure the condition to check if the field is not set to default value, which is None (not None string).

Mizan Community Champion Jun 12, 2012

I have never used 3.x its a very old version of Jira . Try using -1 instead of None in the value field . This is just a wild guess hope it helps .

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

413 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you