How to add a comment during a transition

Nicolas JOUVE May 16, 2013

I would like to configure jira so that one can add comment during an issue transition. I'm told by the doc that the corresponding screen must be empty, but it does not work. Where do you specifiy this ?

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

OK thank you all this is really a permission issue at the project level. I was wrong in believing that beeing admin should prevent this kind of problem.

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

Create a screen and add no field to it (name it comment screen). Then edit your transition and set that screen as your transition view. That's how I did it and it's working for me

No it does not work for me... When I do this I get an empty screen with no input field at all, just a submit button whose name is the transtion...

Empty Screen

Conf

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2013

do you have add comment permission?

0 votes
Daniel August 31, 2020

Thank you @Nicolas JOUVE & @Udo Brand it works, i no need buy subscribed add-on anymore. But if i want to comment resolved transition being mandatory. how do that ?

0 votes
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2013

Udo is right! In addition to that, I have raised a KB about this matter. I have seen some cases with users asking the same question, so here it is:

Hope this helps.

David Sinur July 31, 2013

That link gives me a permission error.

Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2013

David, it is accessible now.

0 votes

Infact it it not specific to the workflow but to a project. I havec check the persmission at the project level and they are the same as in another project (using the same workflow) where it works

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

You should always have a comment field at the bottom of every screen, it's something that Jira adds. I'd assume that it's a permission issue. Can you add comments in other transition screens in other projects?

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

No, as in , no you can't add a comment anywhere?

No, but, I am admin, so it 's hard to believe it is a permission issue

Exactly cannot add a comment during any transition of the specific workflow.

But i Ican add comment during transitions of the default workflow...

Suggest an answer