How to add a check box "key" in +Morie Criteria?

imran ahmed June 5, 2013

I have created 40 tickets in that I want to search KEY from 30 to 40 for that I need to go with

• + Morie Criteria
  • Switch to Advance

My question is How to add a Check box "KEY" in +Morie Criteria ?

Currenly I am using the JIRA 5.2

Thanks in advance

3 answers

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Hello again imran.... didn't I just see you over in another question ;-)

You won't do it under the "More" button, you'll have to use JQL, it's not an option

Search for issues with a particular Issue Key or Issue ID (i.e. the number that JIRA automatically allocates to an Issue).

Supported Operators: =, !=, >, >=, <, <=,IS, IS NOT, IN, NOT IN

e.g.

issuekey >= KEY-30 and issuekey <= KEY-40

Although, WHY you'd want to do that is not clear, it's not normal working practice....

imran ahmed June 5, 2013

why dont check the community i have found 1.5 k people who searched "filter by issue key" and sorry i am totally fed up in expalaining what i am looking for my opinion on the response if this is the case very less number of people prefer this page !!!!!!..... have a nice lyf cheers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2013

Imran, none of those 1.5k questions are asking the same as you as far as I can tell.

We're not demanding you explain yourself, we are simply curious as to why you want to search on issue-sequence numbers. I can't think of a significant use for it, so I would like to learn.

Instead of being rude, you could try simply saying "I don't want to tell you for my own reasons" or better, explain the use-case. There's a good chance we'll say "Oh, I had not thought of that" or "Oh, that's clever", or "well, there's a much better way to do that, have you thought of..."

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

@nic, it's not worth the blood pressure. It was fun over lunch...

imran ahmed June 5, 2013

Nic, I was not at all rue I am quite surprise of looking at your answer

always people expect which was not there in jira .

as far as I know My question was very simple !!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2013

Imran, to my mind, telling me to "check the community" when I ask you a polite question feels rude. Telling me you're fed up when people are asking you questions, instead of answering, or explaining why you don't want to answer, is a little rude. Telling us to "have a nice lyf" is definitley rude. Especially as you've asked for our help or advice.

It might not have felt rude to you, but it did to me. I'm happy to accept that you didn't intend to come across as rude.

@matthew - I know. Holiday later :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2013

Actually, I've just thought - you could also write a "derived" custom field that only shows the issue sequence part of the issue key (And possibly enable that in the "more criteria").

Of course, you'd end up with some nonsense searches (because a search for ">30 and <40" would return issues from multiple projects), but it might help.

imran ahmed June 5, 2013

Mathew / Nic

thanks for the reply

Before asking to you people I knew this answer

Key >= VUID-665 AND Key <=VUID-667 AND assignee in (imran,currentUser())

I did not wanted to use Supported Operators that's why I asked check box

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2013

Yup, perfectly valid question. The answer is that it's not possible and you need to look into coding.

There's a valid workaround as well - do it in the advanced search, as you already suggested, and Matthew confirmed

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2013

Code.

You'll need to take apart the simple search and write extra code to enable this function.

(I'd question the usefulness though - I can't imagine any human coming to me and saying "I need to search for issues with sequence numbers between X and Y")

imran ahmed June 5, 2013

@Nic in the above comment you were clearly saying that you did not take my question seriously that why I sad there were so many people asking same question in a different way

I can't imagine any human coming to me and saying "I need to search for issues with sequence numbers between X and Y")

1. For you this was not at all rude?
  2. so I Should ask a question as per your imagination ?
  3. well if some one ask you some thing you will reply in this way ?
  4. then what's the use of asking question to you people ?
  5. Matthew was taking this conversation as a fun ?

Hope my question will not felt rude to you !!!

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2013

I don't work for Atlassian, I don't get paid for this. I do it because I quite enjoy the effort and I believe in contributing back to a community I have gained a lot from. If no-one contributed when I started, I wouldn't be where I am now.

By "fun" I mean that I find the intellectual effort fun & beneficial to me and enjoyable. Hopefully you will get the same benefit.

Suggest an answer