How to add Web-item to JSD Portal Navigation Bar

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Hey all, so I'm trying to add a web-item link in my plugin on the JSD navigation bar in the customer portal. On the atlassian developer page here, I only see how to add the link under the user drop down, and was instead hoping for a way to add the web item anywhere on the navigation bar itself.
For example, to the left of the user drop-down button.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 vote
Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ January 9, 2018

Hi @Jackson Farnsworth
Sadly, Jira Service Desk doesn't offert to many web-sections where you can add your web-item.

I cannot remember the name of the available sections but last time I tried to find all available locations to place my custom web-item I used Web Fragment Finder

I hope that add-on can help you to know if is possible to add your new item in the desired location.

Regards

Jackson Farnsworth
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2018

Good suggestion, unfortunately running the plugin causes authentication to fail. Somehow it cuts off communication with Crowd. Also fails in my test sdk environment

Suggest an answer