How to add Create linked issue "Assignee" and the "Priority" to the screen?

ADMiNZ July 28, 2017

How to add Create linked issue "Assignee" and the "Priority" to the screen?

4 answers

1 vote
Andrey_Znamenskiy July 9, 2019

It is not a bug, it is a "feature" (c) 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-62601

Brian Spears October 15, 2019

Is that like saying that a broken car's feature is that it saves gas?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2017

So nothing to do with "linked issues"

Log in as an administrator, go to the project header and down into the "issue type screen schemes" to go find the "create" screen for the issue type.  You'll be able to add the assignee and priority fields in there.

ADMiNZ July 30, 2017

2017-07-30_21-59-05.png

I have only this there. And how to knit with a screen "Create linked issue"

2017-07-30_22-02-29.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2017

Ah, I think I understand what you're asking.  I am sorry, I misunderstood before.

"Create linked issue" is a function for creating an issue linked to the current one.  It uses the "create" screen you have set for the issue being created. 

The "associate screen" you have pictured is only listing view and edit because you already has the "create" screen set up,

ADMiNZ July 31, 2017

The screen for creating a query is always Assignee and Priority. The Create linked screen does not have these fields. And after creation, you must always assign Assignee. That's what I need.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

As I said already, the "create linked" screen uses the screen you have set up for the project and issue type you are trying to use the function to create.

You need to revise the fields on the "create" screen for the project/issuetype you are trying to create the issue in.

ADMiNZ July 31, 2017

You got me confused. You can show in the screenshots how to edit the creation screen "Create linked issue"

2017-07-31_18-32-26.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2017

Yes.  That screen is what you get when you click "create linked issue".  It is the "create" screen for the project and issue type you select.

So, You need to revise the fields on the "create" screen for the project/issuetype you are trying to create the issue in.

ADMiNZ August 1, 2017

I created a tab in the query creation screen. This tab does not appear when you Create linked issue. Why is it so? It is on the query creation screen.

ADMIN January 15, 2019

Hi @ADMiNZ - Did you ever get this sorted? I too would like to add the Assignee field to my "Create linked issue" screen, but can't seem to figure it out.

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - if you have any additional insights - that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby

Danyal Iqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2019

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3917

I think only system Defaults are offered on the create linked issue screen ( no customisations possible). Is that correct or am i too stupid to figure out a workaround?

The feature does not exist yet :)

@ADMiNZ 

@ADMIN 

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Regards,

Like Andrey_Znamenskiy likes this
Andrey_Znamenskiy July 9, 2019

Same problem..   Create issue screen Has  assignee field (for both, origin and destination projects), 

But when creating linked issue: 

createlinked.JPG

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2017

What is a "Create linked issue Contractor and Priority"?

0 votes
ADMiNZ July 28, 2017

There is a screen Create corrupted issue. I need to add to it the "Assignee" and the "Priority"

Suggest an answer