How to activate a new google user?

Naz September 16, 2012

Hi,

I have added a user but in the users page in adminitration, under the user type it says "google user (need activation)". The user is also already added to a user group. I asked the user to sign up but she said she never recived the sign up invite email. How do I activate this user?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Hi, the user simply needs to login the first time if I remember correctly -using their google email details. The signup / activation is for some local accounts that need to be created.

Naz September 17, 2012

Thanks Harry. You are right the user is activated after the first log in(signing up)..part of the problem was there was no email invite from Jira so he didn't know where to sign up. Turns out when it's integrated with google the users don't need the invite email they can simply sign in to their google account and on the top bar under "More" drop down menu they have attlassian on demand and can log in right there.

Suggest an answer