How to access host application license details during add-on license check

Henrik Opel _Utoolity_ January 19, 2015

The License Validation Rules suggest various error messages an add-on should create if it encounters a license validation error. Composing those messages would require the add-on to access some detail information from the host application license:

• LICENSE_TYPE - on type mismatch error
  • LIMIT - on max user (or max remote agent for Bamboo) mismatch

I have not found any API entry point to access this information programmatically from within an add-on - am I missing something or is this information simply not exposed by the host applications?

NOTE: This is basically a host application agnostic variation of How to programmatically access Confluence license details? (so far unanswered). We develop add-ons for various Atlassian applications and would like to handle license validation as uniform as possible.

2 answers

0 votes
Angel Ruiz August 5, 2017

This might help you or someone else in the future

License confluenceLicense = LicenseManager.getInstance().getLicense(ConfluenceBootstrapConstants.DEFAULT_LICENSE_REGISTRY_KEY);
if (confluenceLicense != null) {
    LicenseType licenseType = confluenceLicense.getLicenseType();
0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

It is available from com.atlassian.upm.license.storage.lib.ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManager

(injectable as property or within a constructor param)

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/javadoc/upm/plugin-license-storage-lib/2.1/reference/com/atlassian/upm/license/storage/lib/ThirdPartyPluginLicenseStorageManager.html

Henrik Opel _Utoolity_ January 19, 2015

Hm, as far as I can see, this would give me access to the PluginLicense (similar to com.atlassian.upm.api.license.PluginLicenseManager we use so far), but not to the *host application* license details the question is aiming at!?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Yes, sorry, missed another class in my answer: LicenseService, (com.atlassian.confluence.license.LicenseService, see https://docs.atlassian.com/confluence/latest/com/atlassian/confluence/license/LicenseService.html) ConfluenceLicense confluenceLicense = licenseService.retrieve(); get's you the confluence license object

Suggest an answer