How to access JIRA with a community server license

Michelle Michelle September 20, 2017

I have a community server license which is apparently supposed to give me access to a JIRA instance to test it out and use for a school project.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to access it.  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

I need to confirm what you've got here, as I'm reading between the lines and may be guessing totally the wrong thing. 

When Atlassian say "Server" in the context of one of their applications, they mean the software is downloaded and installed on a server that you (or a provider) run on your hardware.

Having a community server licence just means you can run and use a server, it does not provide one for you.

Is that the case?  You don't actually have a server instance to use yet?

Michelle Michelle September 21, 2017

That makes sense then.  I was under the impression that JIRA community server license gave be access to a hosted JIRA instance.  Clearly not.  Thanks for reading between the lines and answering what many rounds with the Atlassian support folks couldn't.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Unfortunately, they don't do community licences for Cloud, which would give you an instance to play with :-(

Suggest an answer