We are new to Jira and come up with some queries, Can anyone please assist me on this?
My Scenario :
Previously we used SharePoint, in that we handled different lists to maintain our team tasks. Each team task list having specific field like Token IDs, this is used for maintaining our support token ids into SharePoint. Our engineers often to update this field in their SharePoint tasks.
We are synchronizing our Sharepoint task details into database by using “Event Receiver”, so if any list updating with new token id we could import into our database. Behalf of this we can show the token ids and their Sharepoint details to respective customers in our website.
After we are moved to Jira, we want to achieve this same in JIRA.
Main goal is have to display specific field along with some issue details from JIRA to customers.
We can able to achieve this same by using JIRA APIs and generating some JQL queries to import issue details into our database. Then display issue details to customer from database.
1. 1. But it seems like, we are doing double work for getting issue details and view to customer. Instead of, Is there any option to retrieve the issue details directly from Jira and view to our customers.
2. 2. Is any web services are available for our criteria?
3. 3. If it is possible, is any problem with performance issue to getting issue details. Since we need to access more than 15 issues at a time.
4. 4. If Jira goes under maintenance, it will affect our process?
Please suggest me if anyone having idea about this. That is very much appreciable.
1. I don't understand this - Jira allows you to look at issues. That's what it's for. You just look at the issue.
2. Not really, because you just look at an issue. If you want to do remote work, then look at the REST API - that's exposed and usable in OnDemand
3. Jira handles thousands of issues. I've used it with 200 concurrent users a second and not seen a problem. The issue navigator displays hundreds of issues at a time
4. Yes, of course it will - if it's not there, you can't use it.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs