How to Write update query in Jql

Sachin Dhamale July 30, 2013
Hello; I want to update my jira's hsql database using update query. my update query is "Update tree set child=replace(child,3.7,2) where projectid=SAC" here- tree-Table Name Child-Custom filed Column name projectid-Column name Can anyone tell me how to write this query using Jql querybuilder

2 answers

2 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2013

Udo is correct in the fact that you can not use JQL for anything else than select queries.

The following page explains how you can run your sql commands directly in the HSQL database:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+SQL+commands+in+a+HSQL+database

I hope this helps you out.

Best Regards,

Peter

Kiran L V June 12, 2019

It would have been of great help.  Unfortunately it is limited to Select at this time.

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

As far as I know you can't use JQL for updating issues. It is just for querying issues - not like SQL where you have different DML options (Select, Insert, Update, Delete)

Suggest an answer