How to Use Same Issue and Workflow In Same Project To Use Different Post Functions

Deleted user November 20, 2017

If I have a issue type 'task' and 'subtask' with a few post functions that create subtasks when the workflow starts, how do I use task and subtask in a new workflow so I can create different subtasks for a new process, in the same project?

Can I copy the workflow to the same project, delete the post functions and add new ones? How would I specify which workflow to use? Do I need to create new issue types and associate it with a new workflow?

I'd just like someone to recommend a direction to go in for this sort of problem.

For example, on/off boarding project: a task onboards a new hire, when the task is created, a bunch of subtasks are created.

For offboarding, a task would get created, but that is linked to a workflow, which generates onboarding subtasks. What is the right way to configure this to work correctly?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

Hi Joe,

you have to create a new issue type in your project for the second workflow. You can assign another workflow to each issue type, but not two workflows to the same issue type. So these are the steps you have to do:

• Create a second issue type
  • Add the issue type to the issue type scheme used by your project
  • Copy your workflow and make the approriate changes to your workflow's copy
  • Add the new workflow to the Workflow scheme used by your project and assign the new workflow to the new issue type

That should do it.  

Deleted user November 20, 2017

Thanks Thomas, I appreciate it.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2017

You're welcome, @[deleted]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events