How to Sync two different JIRA's

Vidhya GOWTHAM April 25, 2017

Hello all

How to synch two different JIRA's   using Rest API . here i  am using JAVA Script . 

How to connect these two systems using JAVA .

Thanks 

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2017

You will need to find or write code that will pick up changes on one end and poke them over to the other side over REST.

This is potentially very complex, and I'd strongly recommend that you pick up one of the add-ons that is designed to do it for you, rather than try to re-invent another wheel.

Vidhya GOWTHAM April 27, 2017

Thank you NIC , how to set up JAVA Script to REST API and how to sync workflows between two JIRA's. 

I think using add-ons it is somewhat easy. but i  am looking only code .  

Like Deleted user likes this
2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2017

Syncing or connecting is a loose word. There are so many things you can do. What exactly are you looking for?

For example, if you are thinking about syncing JIRA issues between 2 instances, you can use existing solutions like ConnectAll. Or write your own code that uses the REST API.

Vidhya GOWTHAM April 26, 2017

Thank you Jobin for your reply.

One of my task is  how to make the sync between two JIRA 's workflows .

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2017

Take a look at Project Configurator for JIRA to sync the configurations.

Yes ofcourse , but the problem is i dont want to use any configurations . i want use a script in JAVA using Rest API , and make the sync between two JIRA's

1 vote
Daniela Hauserová April 26, 2017

Sync two JIRA is a complex and difficult thing. We were facing it ourselves on many of project, and therefore we wrote our own add-on. We made it available for others, so you can find it on Marketplace. Feel free to try it - JIRA2JIRA Connector.

Hello Daniels , can you pleae explin what kind of difficulties are you faced in this situation . and  how  you wrote own add-on .

Daniela Hauserová April 27, 2017

Hi Vidhya, we had quite specific requirements on synchronization itself, such as sync of only selected issues under specifically defined conditions with customized settings, fields or even with different workflows. Some of those were not simply transferable. We found ourselves in the need of customized solution, so we wrote our own add-on with own rest services. I have to confirm what Nic Brough said, that it was very complex work. The development took us several months and we are still improving it. It is very robust.

Suggest an answer