How to Sort comments added to JIRA issue Via CSV Import ?

Nagaveer March 2, 2014

Hi,

We are importing JIRA issues via CSV to JIRA 5.2.9.

We have multiple fields mapped to 'Comment Body' for this import. Would like to see one field, say 'History' to be added as a comment at first and all other fields followed by it.

Basically, the first comment should be taken from the CSV header 'History'.

Is there any workaround for this ?

Thanks, Naghaveer.

1 answer

0 votes
Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Hi Naghaveer,

you can import any field as comment, also your History field. Map this while the import process to comment. Because the comments sorted by date, you have to set it to now for example. Use the pattern written under the field while the import process (somthing like "03/03/2014 12:00:00; username1; History text", be careful of the date format).

Regards,

Mirko

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2014

Hi Mirko

Could you please elaborate ? How to custmize the CSV column similar to the pattern you suggested ? I understand, Nagaveer has a CSV with a column for 'History' which is mapped to Comment body.

Thanks, Vishnu.

Mirko Skramusky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

Hi Vishnu,

You cannot modify this within the import process. The value of this field must be changed before. Open your CSV file and add the date and the username to the field which should become a comment.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Mirko

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2014

So happy that works. But how do I import multiple comments?

This is my situation:
We have JIRA3 and we are setting up JIRA6. I'm importing the issues from this year. I got a comments-column in my CSV working. But some issues have more comments from different people.
How do I import them all in the most easy way?
And: How do I EXPORT them?
Because if it takes a lot of time to to this, then I'll probably copy-paste the comments and type a line myself with name + date and do it manually. Then it's not so neat, but it won't take me forever to pinpoint out the comments and hoping it all works out.....

Suggest an answer