How to Show Service Desk SLA times on cloned Software Issue?

KEITH TYSON December 5, 2017

Please can someone help with suggestions on how to show the SLA times on a cloned/linked issue.

We create a service desk issue assigned to a service coordinator and then clone it to a software issue and assign it to a technical support person.
The service desk issue has SLAs, but I would like to somehow show the SLA "clocks" on the software issue, even if it is in a customer field shown as a number (hours or minutes, etc.).

The service coordinator monitors the SLA with the client, but the technical support person needs to see the SLA to prioritise his/her work, etc.

I know this is not standard JIRA but I have not found an addon (app) to help with this. I do have scriptrunner though which might help - but I'm not convinced nor confident of a scripted field that automatically updates - I've found that I have to reindex sometimes to update the values.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Hi Keith,

I do not know of a way to display these exact SLA values on Software issues.  At the moment, these SLAs are a Service Desk specific feature.  Natively, Jira Software does not have a means to display this field/value.

However other users have had this similar question in the past, see Solved: Any way to setup SLA in JIRA Software for an example.  At least some have turned to the add-on SLA PowerBox as a different means to provide SLAs for Core or Software projects.

I did note that this plugin only appears to be available for Jira Server.  I was not able to find any existing plugins for Jira Cloud that appear to offer similar functionality.  

I did find that our Marketplace site does have some other alternatives when it comes to adding SLAs to Jira issues:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&product=jira&query=SLA

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Andy

KEITH TYSON December 7, 2017

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply.

We are running server version and we have both Software and Service Desk. We have set up SLA's in Service Desk and I don't want to duplicate the work (setup the same SLAs on Software) by using SLA PowerBox, etc.

I'd like to set SLAs up on Service Desk and display the SLA metrics on the linked software issues so that the technical support people meet the SLA with the customer.

Batuhan Celiker May 28, 2019

Same here! Any solution for this?

Leanne Mickel April 20, 2020

I would like to do the same thing.  Any solutions?

Suggest an answer