How to Search/filter issues with Logged Work in the last seven days ?

Mauricio Gracia August 31, 2014

I am looking for a way to get a list of issues that have logged work between a range of dates or in the laste seven days

I have tryed using the updatedDate field but this shows me any kind of updated

I am looking for something similar to this

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42077/jira-4-4-search-filter-how-to-find-issues-resolved-in-last-seven-days

Thanks

6 answers

3 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

You can use:
updated >= -7d AND timespent is not EMPTY

2 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2014

Hi Mauricio,

Unfortunately, I don't believe that's possible. We have an open improvement being tracked at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34527

Please add yourself as a watcher to be notified of future updates.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Mauricio Gracia November 22, 2014

I will acept this as an answer when the feature gets implemented ;-)

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2016

.... which is probably never, since so few people voted for the issue.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Sandra Kawamoto August 28, 2018

Now we have "worklogDate".

Chris April 9, 2020

That makes the trick.

Thomas Kekeisen April 5, 2021

Can you give us an example how a query for this would look like?

Like # people like this
Sandra Kawamoto April 5, 2021

Yes! Try this:

worklogDate > -7d

or

worklogDate >= "2021/03/29" and worklogDate <= "2021/04/05"

Like Xingchen likes this
mkrefting May 12, 2021

I have the same issue, that is very helpful, thank you. I noticed though when I tried it that the tickets on the results page show the total time worked, not just the time logged during the range I specified. Is there a way to query by worklogDate and get the results to show you only the time logged during that range?

Like Sandra Kawamoto likes this
Sandra Kawamoto May 12, 2021

Oh, good question. I don't know how to that with a jira filter. I think it is not possible. You would have to use Jira Resp API or Jira Automation to calculate that, adding the values at "timeSpentSeconds" for each worklog on the period. At Jira Automation, you use {worklog.timeSpentSeconds}. Not sure if you would be able to add different worklogs.

Worklog functions at Jira API:

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-worklogs/

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2021

It is not possible using only jql filters.

However, it is easily achievable when using one of the worklogs related apps from the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=worklogs

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2014

We are also very interested in this kind of search:
timespent changed AFTER startOfDay(-7)

But unfortunately the 'timespent' field does not yet support it:
History searches do not support the 'timespent' field.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2014
No, that's right. That simple search helps to find updated issues with time spend, but doesn't mean, that the time spent content was alterated. Maybe the activitity stream gadget and time tracking in a date range can be used.
0 votes
Mauricio Gracia September 1, 2014

timespent being not EMPTY does not guarantee that the logged worked also happend in the last 7 days..does it ?

Suggest an answer