How to Report Expired issue and transition them to a given state

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Dear all,

I have a simple request where I am actually checking for the best approach.

I have a list of issue which can expired in time and need attention by the team for handling them asap.

For that I need for each of those expired issue, to transition them to a given state and notify the assignee of all the expired issue list that he need to take care.

1. Ideally solution would be to write an automation rule which check regulary for expired issue and transition them and send email on list of issue expired
  2. Other solution could be to detect through an even the expired date field ( duedate<Now()) and process the same

Which approach is more suitable and how to implement it ?

For exemple using automation can use a schedule trigger, with an JQL filter, but then how to transition all reported issue list and send them all through email ?

Thanks for sharing

regarsd

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

Hello @serge calderara 

In my opinion this can be achieved using Automation. The automation can achieve the following:

• Scheduled at a frequency, as per the requirements
  • Use the JQL to identify the required issues
  • Transition the issues to a particular status
  • Send an email to the Assignee, with appropriate details

The below screen shots showcase a similar implementation.

Notification Rule.JPGEmail Issue Details.JPG

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Thanks for your reply @Gaurav .

For the notification by email, does one email for each issue will be send, or is it possible to send 1 email with all issue which has been transition ?

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2021

@serge calderara, This will be sending an individual email for each issue with all the specific details.

Alternatively, if a single consolidated email is required, then a dashboard with appropriate filters can be created and users can subscribe to it.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2021

@Gaurav what do you mean for the dashboard option ? did not catch the idea.

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2021

@serge calderaraI was suggesting to create a filter (which can be used on Dashboard) which will provide yo the requisite results and the users can subscribe to it.

Suggest an answer