How to Move issue only specified status?(Programatically or not)

safaksahin January 19, 2018

Hi,

A customer wants to be able to move issue (but everyone in the developer user is allowed) from every status to only a specified status("open" status for exp.) ?

How can i restrict to status(programatically or not)

I tried with the script listener. Action is Issue Moved.

Here is my code :

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue;
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueInputParameters;
import com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.IssueService;
import com.atlassian.jira.util.ErrorCollection;
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.TransitionOptions;
import com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowSchemeManager;

log.warn("issue moved");
log.warn("status : " + event.getIssue().getStatus());
log.warn("Issue Type : " + event.getIssue().getIssueType());
WorkflowSchemeManager workflowSchemeManager = ComponentAccessor.getWorkflowSchemeManager();
String wfName = workflowSchemeManager.getWorkflowName(event.issue.getProjectObject(), event.issue.getId().toString());
log.warn("wfName : " + wfName);

def openStatusTransitionID = 131;
def adminUser = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager().getUserByName("safak.sahin");
MutableIssue issue = (MutableIssue)event.getIssue();

IssueService issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService();
IssueInputParameters inputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters();

inputParameters.setStatusId("1").setIssueTypeId("6").setSummary("updated:" + issue.getSummary());
TransitionOptions transitionOptions = TransitionOptions.defaults();
transitionOptions.skipConditions();
transitionOptions.skipPermissions();
transitionOptions.skipValidators();

IssueService.TransitionValidationResult transitionValidationResult;
transitionValidationResult = issueService.validateTransition(adminUser, issue.getId(), openStatusTransitionID, inputParameters);
if (transitionValidationResult.isValid()) {
IssueService.IssueResult transitionResult = issueService.transition(adminUser, transitionValidationResult);
if (!transitionResult.isValid()) {
ErrorCollection errors = transitionResult.getErrorCollection();
errors.getErrorMessages().each{log.warn(it)};
errors.getReasons().each{log.warn(it)};
errors.getErrors().each{k,v -> log.warn("Key : " + k + " Value : " + v)};

}
} else {
ErrorCollection errors = transitionValidationResult.getErrorCollection();
errors.getErrorMessages().each{log.warn(it)};
errors.getReasons().each{log.warn(it)};
errors.getErrors().each{k,v -> log.warn("Key : " + k + " Value : " + v)};
}

And here is the log output:

2018-01-19 15:30:36,856 WARN [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: issue moved
                                                2018-01-19 15:30:36,858 WARN [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: status : IssueConstantImpl[[GenericEntity:Status][sequence,45][statuscategory,4][name,Sales Approval][iconurl,/images/icons/statuses/generic.png][description,Sales Approve][id,10529]]
                                                2018-01-19 15:30:36,858 WARN [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: Issue Type : IssueConstantImpl[[GenericEntity:IssueType][sequence,1][name,Bug][iconurl,/secure/viewavatar?size=xsmall&avatarId=12853&avatarType=issuetype][description,A problem which impairs or prevents the functions of the product.][style,null][id,1][avatar,12853]]
This is the source issue Workflow not target ==>2018-01-19 15:30:36,881 WARN [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: wfName : TEST NP-MSU Workflow-deploymentsiz-w/o-DepUat
                                                2018-01-19 15:30:36,884 WARN [runner.ScriptRunnerImpl]: The workflow operation with action id '131' does not exist in the workflow.

Script Runner Listener does not work because its start just before the move event. 

Is there another way to do it? 

I'm really stuck and customer want this no matter what.

2 answers

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

This is old and came across it while searching for something else.

I haven't reviewed the code carefully I see 2 options to achieve forcing the status to Open for all Move operations

1) Scripted Listener like you proposed. But this requires that all of your possible target workflows must allow transition from ANY status to OPEN, so that you can detect and apply that transition to the issue.

2) Block the default MOVE operation using the hide UI element scriptrunner fragment (perhaps conditionally based on current project) and instead provide a workflow transition (from any status to itself) that will have all the move operation as part of a postfunction. Jira Workflow toolbox has a built-in Move Issue postfunction. Or you can script it yourself. This will allow you the ability to hard code any part of the move operation (or prompt for details using custom fields and transition screen) - Target Project, Target Issue Type, Target Status etc

0 votes
Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

You should be able to address this issue by modifying your workflows.

Check the "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" box on your required status.

Create a group for your customers and place a permission check on the transition to the relevant status to make sure they are in the relevant group.

You may need to modify your project permissions and/or place some additional permission checks on your other transitions, but that should be able to solve your use case.

Hope this help,

Tyler

safaksahin January 19, 2018

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for replying. "Allow all statuses to transition to this one" is already checked.

But that status is exist in target project workflow. What i need is no matter which status has been choosen on the move issue screen, when i move the issue it must be setted the Open status.

I think your suggestion did not meet my needs.

Tyler Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

So you are looking for a way to force the workflow to the "Open" status whenever a customer selects any transition step in the workflow?

My initial suggestion would not solve for that problem.

safaksahin January 21, 2018

Not exactly like that.

When user move issue from one project to another, user choose a workflow status from the target projects workflow right?

Now what i want is ignore user's workflow status choice and after moving operation issue always should be setted Open status.

Suggest an answer