How to JIRA Change Component auto change assignee

Jiannan Tang March 27, 2013

Hi:

I have two question.

1. Why JIRA create issue can select muliti componts. And how to set only set on component.

2. When I create A issue and select Automatic Assignee. After create I edit the issue and change the component, but the assignee did't change. I have to edit the assignee the assignee again.

How can I change the component the assignee auto change the other component leader.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2013

1. Components is a field for, well, defining what components an issue is related to. It's very useful to be able to select multiple components. For example, if your project is "Build a car", then the issue "Car drags to the left on test tracking" would have multiple components when it's raised - could be the tracking, the tyres, the steering system and so-on.

If you want to make it a single-select field, then your options are

• Stop using components and use a single select field
  • Hack the component template so it only allows single-select
  • Use the behaviours plugin to allow only single select
  • Add some javascript to make it single select (http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/12/one-fixversion-please.html should work for components too)
  • Add validators that stop users progressing with multiple values selected

2. Automatic assignee only applies on create issue.

There is a function for re-applying it on transitions, but I think it's in a plugin, rather than Jira core (Misc workflow extensions?). You could use that, but it won't help you on edit. If you want to amend assignee just because the components are edited, then you'll need to find/write a listener.

Jiannan Tang April 1, 2013

Hi Nic

I had added the components validation.

And When I add the edit listener, I don't know how to judge the components is changed.

How to get the original issue, it seems only in transations.

Suggest an answer