How to JIRA Change Component auto change assignee

Hi:

I have two question.

1. Why JIRA create issue can select muliti componts. And how to set only set on component.

2. When I create A issue and select Automatic Assignee. After create I edit the issue and change the component, but the assignee did't change. I have to edit the assignee the assignee again.

How can I change the component the assignee auto change the other component leader.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

1. Components is a field for, well, defining what components an issue is related to. It's very useful to be able to select multiple components. For example, if your project is "Build a car", then the issue "Car drags to the left on test tracking" would have multiple components when it's raised - could be the tracking, the tyres, the steering system and so-on.

If you want to make it a single-select field, then your options are

• Stop using components and use a single select field
  • Hack the component template so it only allows single-select
  • Use the behaviours plugin to allow only single select
  • Add some javascript to make it single select (http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2011/12/one-fixversion-please.html should work for components too)
  • Add validators that stop users progressing with multiple values selected

2. Automatic assignee only applies on create issue.

There is a function for re-applying it on transitions, but I think it's in a plugin, rather than Jira core (Misc workflow extensions?). You could use that, but it won't help you on edit. If you want to amend assignee just because the components are edited, then you'll need to find/write a listener.

Hi Nic

I had added the components validation.

And When I add the edit listener, I don't know how to judge the components is changed.

How to get the original issue, it seems only in transations.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot