How to Integrate JIRA with Jmeter?

Mahesh Paralikar April 10, 2018

I am using JIRA in my project & I have Jmeter automation tool in place, which I am planning to integrate with JIRA.

Please provide your suggestion to how I can integrate JIRA & Jmeter.

3 answers

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2021

One way to integrate with Jira would be using a test management tool, in order to have visibility of performance results and eventually link them to an existing requirement/story. This is a great way to track performance testing alongside your development related issues, so the team can track it together.

There are some tutorials for Xray showcasing a possible integration that I think can provide additional value for end users.

Examples:

Hope this helps :)

0 votes
Mark Finta May 14, 2018

JMeter is very good at hooking into JIRA's Rest Api.  Since JIRA is so rest heavy, this is a good option.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Start with a definition of "integrate" - it's fine as a word to give people a general idea of the topic, but useless beyond that.  We can't tell you where to even start unless you can define roughly what you want from it.

Mahesh Paralikar April 10, 2018

we are having JIRA in project for overall project management tasks, now I want to integrate JIRA with Jmeter automation tool for testing UI applications. but I am unable to find solution as plug or any other way where JIRA & Jmeter compatibility can be done.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2018

Sorry, while an expansion of "why" you might want this could be useful, I was asking "what".  What do you want from this "integration"?  What will the user see/do?

Deleted user October 4, 2019

@Nic Brough Just curious, how about showing up JMeter reports or even just a graph in Jira after a load/performance test? I know we have dashboards in Jira and a bunch of plugins, just wanted to see if there's something that is available to achieve this.

Like maarten.kuijpers likes this

Suggest an answer