How to Install Starter Jira Software over existing Jira SD 3.0.

Gyula Brajer February 21, 2016

I installed trial Jira SD 3.0.10 a month ago. I want to change to the Starter licence to continue test as the trial almost expired. I want to install now Starter Jira Software too beside SD. I want only 1 JIRA server. What is the good process? What should I download?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2016

I assume by "starter", you mean the basic 10 user licence?

You don't need to do any installations, just put the new licence key in place (admin -> licences).  The software you're using is the same for evaluation, 10 users or 100,000 users.

Gyula Brajer February 23, 2016

I applied for a JIRA sw evaluation licence (because unfortunately the buying process got stucked at my VAT number) and got it. I open the administration/application/version and licences page and I see there the JIRA SD and JIRA Core, but I don't see there the JIRA Sw for which I got the licence key. How can I get there the JIRA sw listed?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2016

You need to add the application in "manage applications" inside JIRA, then you'll be asked for a licence key.

Suggest an answer