How to Import Test Steps into JIRA w/ Test Case?

Pete Papadopoulos August 16, 2016

I have about 1500 Test Cases, but each Test Step has 5 steps that need to be tracked, defects logged against where applicable.  I can see how to import the actual Test Case, but the step doesn't seem to be pulled in during the standard CSV Import function.  Has anyone ever done this and if so how? 

7 answers

1 vote
Gregory Kneller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

if you are talking about Zephyr tests, the best way is using this tool https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home

Got it. Thanks for the additional information. I will share it with my internal team as we are trying to figure this out.. 

0 votes

Okay.. I have a meeting with some internal folks later today.. let me get the screenshot and I will attach it.  When you say add Sub Tasks, can I do that via import; assuming I am using JIRA as the tool? 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

A screenshot would help. smile

You should be able to add SubTasks (steps) to any existing issue, OR you should be able to create them all at once.

0 votes

Not sure.. I think I am using JIRA Importer.. I think.. is there a way to tell? 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2016

I'm unfamiliar – Do you use a "Zephyr importer' or do you use the JIRA importer? I can help with the JIRA importer.

0 votes

I am using Zephyr, thanks 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2016

Are you using zephyr or are you just using native jira? Something else?

Suggest an answer