How to Import Test Steps into JIRA w/ Test Case?

I have about 1500 Test Cases, but each Test Step has 5 steps that need to be tracked, defects logged against where applicable.  I can see how to import the actual Test Case, but the step doesn't seem to be pulled in during the standard CSV Import function.  Has anyone ever done this and if so how? 

7 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

if you are talking about Zephyr tests, the best way is using this tool https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home

Got it. Thanks for the additional information. I will share it with my internal team as we are trying to figure this out.. 

Steven Behnke Community Champion Aug 16, 2016

Are you using zephyr or are you just using native jira? Something else?

I am using Zephyr, thanks 

I'm unfamiliar – Do you use a "Zephyr importer' or do you use the JIRA importer? I can help with the JIRA importer.

Not sure.. I think I am using JIRA Importer.. I think.. is there a way to tell? 

A screenshot would help. smile

You should be able to add SubTasks (steps) to any existing issue, OR you should be able to create them all at once.

Okay.. I have a meeting with some internal folks later today.. let me get the screenshot and I will attach it.  When you say add Sub Tasks, can I do that via import; assuming I am using JIRA as the tool? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

264 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you