Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to Identify the status "STORY:IN REFINEMENT" and "STORY: REFINED" in JQL?

I am trying to write a JQL in to search issues which are "IN REFINEMENT". But it says it is not a valid input, Can anyone help me??

The work flow is like: 

STORY:NEW -> STORY: IN REFINEMENT -> STORY: REFINED -> STORY:SPRINT READY 

1 answer

I've never seen status with colons like that - I wonder if it's throwing you off.

You should be able to do it like this: (use single quotes)

project = XXXX AND and status = 'STORY: IN REFINEMENT'

or you could cross multiple projects and just say

status = 'STORY: IN REFINEMENT'

When you type status = story, you should get a type ahead of the available options, and you should see the choices available to to.  if you pick from the list, it will format correctly to return the results.

I had a similar question, which was not addressed bythe answer in 2020.

What I wanted was to have everything starts in Backlog with a status of To Do, then once it gets Refined we update the status to Refined(while the story is in backlog). When we move the story into the Sprint the status is Refined, and when the story gets picked up by eng. and work begins, the story gets moved from Refined to In Progress->, etc. Does this make sense?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you