How to I import JIRA Agile 6.0 export.zip to JIRA Server 7.2.3?

Janne Saarela October 26, 2016

I have exported export.zip with JIRA 6.0 (with greenhopper add-on with 6.3.13.1. in its filename).

I then try to 'Restore' the export.zip with JIRA Server 7.2.3 (onsite installation) and get an error that JIRA Agile must be upgraded to version 6.7. I fail to do so as the JIRA Agile is an integral part of the application. Is there any documentation how to enable Restore/Import of the 6.0 file?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

You need to upgrade it.

Take the export from 6, and use it to create a new 6.0 system (this is temporary), upgrade that to 6.4, then to JIRA Software 7.0 and then 7.2, then export again.

0 votes
Janne Saarela October 26, 2016

Thanks for the prompt answers. So the upgrade is 3 upgrades if I calculate right?

1. 6.0 to 6.4
  2. 6.4 to 7.0
  3. 7.0 to 7.2.3

And every step of the way I need a new temporary database and a dedicated area in the file system for each version? Any easier approach to this gents? :-/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2016

Not quite.  You will need one temporary database and installation of JIRA - create a version 6 and import, then you can upgrade that in-place, without moving to more databases or file system areas.

Janne Saarela November 1, 2016

got it. I fail to find the 7.0 release for download. Could you provide me with a link? The download page at https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-archives doesn't seem to have a link to it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2016

Go to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download and use the "all versions" options

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

I don't think you can/should. You are better off installing JIRA 6.0, import the export and upgrade your way to the correct version. You beat me to it again Nic wink

Suggest an answer