How to I import JIRA Agile 6.0 export.zip to JIRA Server 7.2.3?

I have exported export.zip with JIRA 6.0 (with greenhopper add-on with 6.3.13.1. in its filename).

I then try to 'Restore' the export.zip with JIRA Server 7.2.3 (onsite installation) and get an error that JIRA Agile must be upgraded to version 6.7. I fail to do so as the JIRA Agile is an integral part of the application. Is there any documentation how to enable Restore/Import of the 6.0 file?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You need to upgrade it.

Take the export from 6, and use it to create a new 6.0 system (this is temporary), upgrade that to 6.4, then to JIRA Software 7.0 and then 7.2, then export again.

I don't think you can/should. You are better off installing JIRA 6.0, import the export and upgrade your way to the correct version. You beat me to it again Nic wink

Thanks for the prompt answers. So the upgrade is 3 upgrades if I calculate right?

1. 6.0 to 6.4
  2. 6.4 to 7.0
  3. 7.0 to 7.2.3

And every step of the way I need a new temporary database and a dedicated area in the file system for each version? Any easier approach to this gents? :-/

Not quite.  You will need one temporary database and installation of JIRA - create a version 6 and import, then you can upgrade that in-place, without moving to more databases or file system areas.

got it. I fail to find the 7.0 release for download. Could you provide me with a link? The download page at https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-archives doesn't seem to have a link to it.

Go to https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download and use the "all versions" options

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

593 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you