How to I create a post function when an issue is created

Michael August 31, 2016

I looked at the documentation for post functions, but I can't seem to find out how to create a post function that fires when the issue is created.

I am using a plugin called Sub Task Manage and I want a sub task created when an issue is created.

How do I create a post function for issue created?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2016

I'm not sure if your question is about using post-functions or literally adding them to the system.  Post functions are chunks of code you run during a transition.  Some are built-in, and add-ons can provide more.  The workflow basically has a library of them that you could use.

To add a function to the library, you'd find or write an add-on and install it via the add-on manager.

To use one, you edit the workflow, find the grey "start" circle, and click on the transition out of it to highlight it and bring up the info box, and that box will contain a link to "post-functions" which you can then add to, pulling the ones you need from the library

1 vote
Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2016

When you use the text mode of the workflow when editting you cant see the "Create-Transition".

To see this you have to switch to diagram mode.  There you can choose the Create-Transition and on the right you can see the buttons for post-functions and validators. I made a screenshot how this looks:jira_createPostfunction.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2016

That's not true. 

In text mode, click on the first step to see the details for it.  In the display above, you'll see a list of all the transitions into and out of the step

Create is one of those.

It's not displayed in the main list of steps, true, but you don't need diagram mode to get to it.

Stefan Arnold
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2016

Okay, learned something new wink thanks!!

Never clicked on the step name before^^

Suggest an answer