How to I allow Senior-Users to view all issues where they are a reporter (including service desk)

Hannah Eklund May 12, 2017

I am in the process of creating a dashboard for Senior Users in our business, and I am wanting to add a gadget that shows the filter of all open issues they have.

At present, the filter will only display issues within Software/Business projects for which they have permission and not our Service Desk.

I believe this is due to the permissions they have in place, but if they were to log into the Service Desk directly and click 'Requests', they would be able to view their issues there.

I've used the JQL: "reporter = currentUser() AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY updated DESC" which should pull all through, however this permissions stuff seems to be stopping it.

The Browse-Projects permission for our Service Desk is currently set to include Service Desk Customer - Portal Access so I'm assuming this needs to be amended?

1 answer

0 votes
Rob Clough May 16, 2017

Yes - do they belong to a Group? 

It's best practice to use a role such as Service Desk Customers and assign that role to the Browse Proejcts permission.

Then on the Users and roles page you can add the Group and/or individual users to that role.

Hope this makes sense,

Rob

Suggest an answer