How to Get and Update JIRA License String from the Database

Hi,

We did follow the steps in your documentation and still not able to change it: here the command lines:

mysql> SELECT * FROM productlicense;

ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away

No connection. Trying to reconnect...

Connection id:    28228

Current database: jira_7_0_11

+-------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| ID    | LICENSE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           |

+-------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| 10000 | 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 |

1 row in set (0.30 sec)

mysql>

--------------------------------

update productlicense set license ='AAABYQ0ODAoPeNqVkT1vwjAQhnf/Cktd2iFRghpASJGKklSiAlIR2i5dXHMBQ2xHZ4ePf18nhKodO

3jx3T1+7vXdetfQnFsaRDQYT6LxJIxokq7pIAhHZNnIL8C8fDOAJh4EQUBSMBxFbYVW8ctsNaULY

Tj90HgoK32i2dmCMq5oaKmRdh33BeAR8IG2ANqxPic00VICcsEqOhfcDQFJEFgLTpmFuBXwwsALh

iTRyjJul0xCnOxQGPosoNoQrqUvlNJHVumtv5cn8PcCmSedknfqlTz4UfIdRBwhttjADZotmKhi3

lL9sqU+GaY2whx8RyeZQzedU1yyyilWV9V3t0N7OSBuXDk+Uxyycy3wcpMfd/IRyXHLlDBXSMFU6

tikyJaxO67lMRxFo+H/VyksQwvYa/UJ/jJoVCWksLC51daXGq4J5otFtkpm0/n/XwW3K9Yuqz7E1

wb5jhn4+2MR+QYswNEOMCwCFFKdBqAjXuYvYDtmV1Y/ICqk4s4MAhQpUS2EfPdZuI0fWLUWWr1/o

/W3Pg==X02hd' WHERE id= 10001;

---------- 

We still have the previous license key:

| 10000 | 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 |

=================

The good key:

AAABYQ0ODAoPeNqVkT1vwjAQhnf/Cktd2iFRghpASJGKklSiAlIR2i5dXHMBQ2xHZ4ePf18nhKodO

3jx3T1+7vXdetfQnFsaRDQYT6LxJIxokq7pIAhHZNnIL8C8fDOAJh4EQUBSMBxFbYVW8ctsNaULY

Tj90HgoK32i2dmCMq5oaKmRdh33BeAR8IG2ANqxPic00VICcsEqOhfcDQFJEFgLTpmFuBXwwsALh

iTRyjJul0xCnOxQGPosoNoQrqUvlNJHVumtv5cn8PcCmSedknfqlTz4UfIdRBwhttjADZotmKhi3

lL9sqU+GaY2whx8RyeZQzedU1yyyilWV9V3t0N7OSBuXDk+Uxyycy3wcpMfd/IRyXHLlDBXSMFU6

tikyJaxO67lMRxFo+H/VyksQwvYa/UJ/jJoVCWksLC51daXGq4J5otFtkpm0/n/XwW3K9Yuqz7E1

wb5jhn4+2MR+QYswNEOMCwCFFKdBqAjXuYvYDtmV1Y/ICqk4s4MAhQpUS2EfPdZuI0fWLUWWr1/o

/W3Pg==X02hd

1 answer

0 vote

I take it you're following the steps in this KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-and-update-jira-license-string-from-the-database-441746313.html

I see in your steps that your old license had an id value of 10000 when you follow step #2 of that KB.  However for your update SQL statement for step #3 you entered a value of 10001.  That's why you still see the old license key.   Instead I believe your update statement's where clause should have been referring to the id value of 10000 instead of 10001.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

692 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you