How to Find and Update multiple Filters?

Hadas Virtzberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 26, 2024

Hello!

I use Jira Cloud and have access to Scriptrunner. I'm trying to find and update all of the filters with a specific 'issuetype= art feature,' get and see a list of them, and then update them to 'issuetype=feature.' 

I would be happy to hear your advise :)

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2024

Hello @Hadas Virtzberg 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

There is no method in the native Jira Cloud UI to search for filters based on the JQL they use.

Also it is not possible to access the backend database directly, which is what I would recommend if you used self-hosted Jira Server or Jira Data Center.

Have you explored the REST API for filters?

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-filters/#api-group-filters

I don't see a method there for finding filters based on their JQL either. You would have to retrieve all the filters and then parse the results yourself to find the ones that match your criteria. You would then use another API call to update the JQL of each filter.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events