How to Export more than 1000 issues to Excel.?

Ram December 2, 2014

Hello,

I have tried https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel to export my filtered issues which are around 2600 and encountered with 403 Forbidden error .

Is there any other work around for this. Please help me.

Thanks in Advance...

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2014

Your system admins have set the full set of "do not break JIRA by overloading it with the export to excel" protections.  The 403 error means that the property file has been amended and you cannot override it in the UI.

If you read the documentation you've already pointed to, there is a full explanation there.  Your options really are to

• change the property file (bad idea, it's limited for a good reason)
  • Export a full backup and extract the data you need from the xml
  • Re-analyse your reasons for thinking you need an export and use the internal reporting or an addon
1 vote
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Under Administration / Advanced Settings there is the value:

ira.search.stable.max.results
The upper limit on the number of issues which are returned when performing a stable search. The minimum value is 1000.

If 1000 is minimum, the user should be able to increase it. If not, there must be a bug.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2014

Nope. Sorry.

Suggest an answer