How to Export Linked issues with count along with issue details?

Nageswarara Rao September 11, 2013

Hi,

I have linked 10 issues in an issue by using more->link.

I want to export the linked issues count along with issue details while exporting issues .

Example :

Suppose the issue ST-1 has 10 issue,ST-2 has 20 issues as linked issues means I want to export data while searching issues as follows in excel sheet :

Issue Key summary Developername Tester name LinkedCount

ST-1 Test issue Developer1 tester1 10

ST-2 Testissue2 Developer2 tester2 20

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

This is almost supported by JIRA itself as the Issue Navigator exports issues to Excel and you can configure the issue details (columns) to export. If you include the linked issues column, then you would see the linked Issue keys (rather the amount), but it would be very simple making an Excel macro counting them.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

Hi!

This is doable with the JIRA PDF View Plugin by developing a custom template. This is quite trivial actually, but make sure that you check out the following templates shipped with the plugin:

1. the Project Status Report template shows you how you to display those exact fiels that you need
  2. it also shows you how to create a table layout from those
  3. the Traceability Matrix template's Groovy script demonstrates how to process (count in your case) linked issues

Something like this:

Suggest an answer