How to Edit the Resolution of an closed Issue

Hi I have 30 "Closed Issue" But Resolution : Wont Fix 

How Can I Closed Issue Resolution Change " Fix" 

is it possible Closed Issue Change Resolution ? 

Thankyou very much.

Best Regards.

2 answers

1 vote

There are a couple of things you need to think about here.

First, the closed status often has the "do not allow edit" flag set on it.  That means you can't just click "edit" and change things, and you can't use bullk-edit to change things.

Secondly, the resolution field is an odd one which is not on the edit screen and should never be added to it

So, the hard way to do this would be to get all your users to stop using JIRA, enable edit by hacking the workflow, add the resolution field to the screen, use bulk-edit to change the issues, then remove the resolution field from the edit screen and then undo the workflow hack.

A safer option is to add a an "edit resolution" workflow transition from closed to closed (maybe with a condition of "only admins") and make that go through a new "edit resolution" screen, or even just set the resolution in a post-function.

Joe Pitt Community Champion Mar 04, 2016

I implement your last option in all my workflows. Eventually someone will want the resolution changed for some reason. I also have a required field 'Resolution Change Reason' in the transition screen.

It's what I do most of the time, depends on the client.  I like the "resolution change reason" field suggestion smile

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,327 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot