How to Display External Links?

Sean Butler January 2, 2018

When viewing the search results of a JIRA query, one field I use is the "Links" field which shows any issues a specific ticket is linked too. However this field doesn't display any tickets linked to an external (customer) JIRA system. I've set the following fields as visible on my JIRA with no such luck:

• Links
  • External Reference
  • External Issue ID

Is there a field or a way to report on tickets having an external link and also see the ticket number in this external link field?

1 answer

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2018

That data is not present in any orderable or navigable field in Jira. It's not possible to place it on a screen or search and sort by it within the Navigator. It's only visible through the Panel on the View screen as well as being partially searchable through a JQL Function.

You'd need to customize Jira in some way to obtain this data as a field in the Navigator.

If you describe if you're using Jira Server or Jira Cloud, and if you have any add-ons that would be pertinent. 

Sean Butler January 4, 2018

Both companies are using JIRA cloud. I can get a list of add-ons. Are there any I should be looking for?

Suggest an answer