How to Display Attachments using XPorter templates

Nancy Blackwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

I am attempting to display a listing of the attached documents on my pdf. I am using Xporter version 2.5.2, JIRA version 5.1.4. According to Xporter documentation, it looks like Attachments keyword should be available.

The code I am using in my template is as follows, but nothing displays on the pdf.

#{for attachments}

${Attachments[n].Author}

${ Attachments [n].Filename}

${ Attachments [n].CreatedDate}

#{end}

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

Hi Nancy,

Currently we only have the mapping for ${Attachments} which displays the name of the attachments. It is not possible to iterate over the attachments as you are requesting. But it is a nice feature for a future release, we will seriously consider it.

Best regards,

mb March 2, 2014

Hi there, Frerenc mentions that JIRA PDF View Plugin can export/ imbed the attachments. Is this feature ever going to be available in Xporter?

Eric Hansen September 21, 2019

It's been 5 more years and apparently, xPorter still cannot export the evidence/images in my test executions run using xRay.  This is very disappointing to me since a test execution report without the evidence (screenshots) is not useful at all in my process that is subject to regulatory audits.

Like # people like this
Sven Rollinger November 11, 2019

Yes that´s true!

Javier Gil March 3, 2020

I have the same need in order to validate deployments

YARON LEVY April 20, 2020

Same need, I've opened a ticket today "

How to print attachments of all test under a test plan"

(We are using Test Plan report of Xporter, and we would like to actualy print all the attachments of all tests under the test plan. (not metadata)

How can it be done?)

Hope they will find a way to assist.

They have a good service

Kilian Lenz February 15, 2021

Sorry to say, but its ridiculous that even 2021 the XRay PDF export does not support this even in 2021. Furthermore there is already a check box to enable "Attachments enabled" but nothing shows up in the report. 

Pretty useless for us. 

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2021

Hi @Kilian Lenz 

This thread is about Xporter and not Xray, these are two different Apps with different purposes.

Xray is a Test Management App and Xporter is a Reporting App.

Although we have recently introduced more reporting capabilities into Xray, these are more limited than Xporter.

The option to include attachment into the PDF exists and works in Xporter.

Don't know what you mean about not supported in Xray.

Please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) or the Xporter Support (http://xportersupport.xpand-it.com) we would like to better understand what is happening and help.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray & Xporter Support Team]

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

I must note that the JIRA PDF View Plugin can export all attachment information or even embed the attachments themselves in PDF exports!

Links:

This screenshot demonstrates listing the attachments in the PDF, and also offering them for opening or saving them in Acrobat Reader:

Suggest an answer