How to Determine which Transition Condition is Failing

Shelli February 18, 2014

Hi,

I have created a custom workflow and added conditions to one of my transitions. I have an issue that uses this workflow and I cannot transition to one of the states; it's not available in the issue screen. I am assuming this is because one of my conditions has not been met. However, I think all the conditions have been.

Is there a way to determine which condition has not been met on the issue?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2014

Not really any way other than a) looking at it and b) testing

Maybe if you posted the text here, we could explain what it's doing and see if you've missed or misunderstood something?

Shelli February 18, 2014

Actually, I think I know what the transition condition is. We also use Fisheye/Crucible and the issue is currently in a "In Review" status. In order to transition to "Review Complete" status we have theses conditions:

Transition to execute only if there are no related open Crucible reviews.
Transition to execute only if there are no unreviewed changesets related to this issue.

There is a commited changeset that has no files in it (merges a branch back into trunk). This shows up as an unreviewed commit in the JIRA issue's "Source" tab. However, even if I create and close a review on that changeset JIRA doesn't pick it up. So, I can't transition to "Review Complete".

Matt Van Zant April 7, 2014

We're using this same check, as it's a nice check to have, but Developers are complaining because there is no feedback. Is there any chance that Atlassian will consider adding some visual feedback so users know why an issue cannot move forward? Seems counterproductive to have a feature that blocks a workflow move, if no one understands why it's blocked.

Suggest an answer