How to Delete a gadget in a dashboard of different user than myself as Jira administrator 4.4 ?

Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

Dear Jira gurus,

I have an user who added a gadget to his dashboard and by mistake defined the whole jira-users (for us is near 100000 users) to create a report and now Jira always hangs for him everytime taht he tries to login because it takes a lot of times to create that report.

Is any way that I as Jira administrator can delete that specific gadget for his customized dashboard?

Kind regards

Carlos

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2013

You can deactivate this special gadget in the plugin managment. After this you can delete this gadget from dashboard either in the GUI or in the database.

0 votes
Carlos Reyes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

The user came with this workaround:

"

I have resolved the issue by linking in to an issue using a prior link and then using Dashboard Manager to remove the offending dashboard. I can always build a new one "

Cheers

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

There is also a SU script within the free Script Runner plugin. But if the base for the gadget isn't a filter which you can edit you should try the solution suggested by Mathias.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2013

It's might be possible for you to delete it on behalf of him if you install JIRA SU plugin. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.dolby.atlassian.jira.jirasu

This plugin allow you to login as the user.

But, if you also can't delete it because JIRA hang, then, manual database delete might be the approach that you want to use. In this case, there are three main tables that are related:

• portalpage (store data about dashboard)
  • portletconfiguration (store data about gadget)
  • gadgetuserpreferences (store data about the gadget configuration)

Suggest an answer