How to Copy Field Value from Epic?

PE MLT September 28, 2016

Hi,

I try to set up a custom field as same as the Epic.

In the "create issue" pop up, the user  set up Epic Link.
Then I would like to copy a field from the Epic to the current issue. Epic URL for example.

I tried to use a post function to "create" transition (Copy Field Value To Linked Issues).
 Here is the information I enter:

PB JIRA.PNG

It doesn't work.

Thank you for your help. 

3 answers

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2019

Hello Everyone,

If groovy scripts are something you are comfortable writing you should check out this post over here as it helped me resolve this issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Copy-Custom-field-values-from-Epic-to-Story/qaq-p/668352

I hope this may help anyone else who made it here before seeing any other posts.

-James

0 votes
Michele January 29, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to do something similar but using "System and Custom Fields propagation to linked Issue" post-function my custom field isn't copied from Epic to Linked Stories during Story creation after selected Epic Link.

Let me know if you resolved the issue.

Thanks

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2016

did you ever get this to work? I'm trying to do something similar.

Suggest an answer