How to Configure JQL Limits for Automation Actions in Jira Cloud

Veera Manikanta Gadi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 5, 2024

I'm currently exploring the capabilities of automation in Jira Cloud and am interested in configuring JQL limits for automation actions. Specifically, I want to adjust the maximum number of issues that can be retrieved by a JQL query within automation rules. However, I couldn't find clear documentation on how to do this in the Atlassian documentation.

Could someone please provide guidance on how to configure JQL limits for automation actions in Jira Cloud? I want to ensure that my automation rules efficiently handle large datasets while avoiding performance issues. Any insights, tips, or pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Hello @Veera Manikanta Gadi 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

It is not possible to adjust the limit for how many issue can be returned by a JQL statement used in an Automation Rule. Those limits are fixed by Atlassian and not adjustable by customers.

The limit depends on where the JQL is used.

Refer to this document for information on those limits.

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/automation-service-limits/

Suggest an answer