How to Change Synchronization interval ?

V July 26, 2012

Hi,

We have jira 4.1.2 version integrated with Crowd 2.0.6. We have added couple of users in Crowd and awaiting for the users to be reflected in Jira .

Not sure what the synchronization interval is ??

Where can I find the option in Jira to edit the Synchronization interval ?

Please help us.

Thanks in advance,

Venkat

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Hi venkat,

My apologies for not reading your Asnwers thread carefully :(, my bad. In order to configure the synchronization time you would be able to do it by accessing modified crowd-ehcache.xml which is located in <JIRA_Install_Dir>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/

Modified the following value as you preferred

timeToIdleSeconds="3600"
timeToLiveSeconds="3600"

The value is in second. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

V July 26, 2012

Hi Septa,

Never mind, it happens some times :)

There are multiple entries of the parameters in the file. Do I need to change all of them ?

My requirement is to reflect users and groups fastly in Jira . Please help.

Thanks,

Venkat

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Better changes the mentioned parameters from every caches to avoid issues. And please don't reduce the syncrhoznie time dratically as it might cause performance issue since syncrhonization process is quite expensive perfromance wise.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

V July 29, 2012

Thank You Septa for the information :)

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2012

Always a pleasure :)

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2012

Hi Venkat,

You can set the 'Synchronisation Interval' on the directory configuration screen of your JIRA instance, and can also manually synchronise the cache by clicking 'Synchronise' on the 'User Directories' screen, as explained in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Synchronising+Data+from+External+Directories

All the best,
John

Alex Shmakov June 27, 2018

Hi John
If 'Synchronization Interval' will be set to 0, it will be disabled?

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2012

Hi Venkat,

You could modify it by inputting your preferred value on the "Synchronization Interval" under the Advanced Settings on your directory configuration.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

V July 26, 2012

Hi Septa,

We are using Jira version 4.1.2 and we are not using LDAP .

Since the jira and crowd versions are older, as part of integration process we haven't added any directory in Jira.

Regards,

Venkat

Suggest an answer