How to Change Resolution after the issue has been closed

Brick Mantooth April 9, 2015

I have my issues set to editable in my workflow after the issue has been closed but yet I still can't see how I can change the resolution code.  The reason I need to do this right now is because there are several issues assigned to me where we did not require a resolution code.  So many went closed with out one.  This is affecting the ability to utilize the "Assigned to Me" gadget since it shows everything without a resolution code . . .even those issues that have already been closed.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

Edit the workflow and create a transition from "closed" back to "closed".  Give it a transition screen that includes the "Resolution" field (and "resolution code" if that's a custom field you need to edit).  Protect the transition with a condition like "only project admins", to hide it from most users.  You'll be able to use bulk-edit to do mass transitions to change the resolution to whatever you need.

Also consider checking over your whole workflow, making sure that the resolution is presented to the user on every transition into closed, then you won't generate any more issues in this state.

Brick Mantooth April 9, 2015

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply. That totally sorted me.

Suggest an answer