How to Change Epic Color in Project Plan?

Patricia English April 10, 2024

Hi I have multiple projects that I would like to track in one project plan. As that does not seem possible unless I add all my issues into one I was thinking of creating Epics for the different projects. However, when I go to Calendar view, all the epics are the same color. Is there a way to change the color on the calendarimage.pngimage.png

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi, @Patricia English.  Welcome to the community  👋

The simple answer is no. That's not possible.

Moreover, in general, Jira Service Management (and Jira Software) is designed around the needs of managing individual projects.

You'll find lots of threads on the community on this subject — and lots of folks like you who'd like to manage across projects (things similar to what you describe).  And, there are lots of things you can try that might get you closer to doing that.

But, in the end, you'll probably be dissatisfied when you try to use JSM (or JS) for something it wasn't designed to do.

So, what to do...  Managing a portfolio of projects—what you are describing—in my experience, is best done with Jira Align or one of the Atlassian Marketplace add-ons that are purpose-built to address Portfolio Project Management (PPM).

Jira "Advanced Roadmaps" (now called "Jira Advanced Planning") is another option. But, as the name suggests, it is really designed around the idea of planning a project (vs. in-flight project tracking).

Even if this not what you wanted to hear, I hope it helps,

-dave

Patricia English April 16, 2024

Thank you Dave. I'll have to take a look at the other items you suggested and see if any of those would help =) appreciate your response

0 votes
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Patricia English 

Which calendar are you using here? A screenshot could be beneficial :)

Ste

Patricia English April 16, 2024

sorry just added them. I'm reading Dave's comment though and his answer seems consistent with what I was finding in the forums but there was nothing recent. Even on the timeline option though it's hard to see which tasks are under which epic etc. Was hoping to color code different workstreams or projects to be better visible in the Calendar and Timeline

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events