How to CSV import security level in jira?

Hi All

I am trying to import isssues from another issue tracker using csv import feature on jira.

On my old issue tracker we had issue security, now i am not sure how to import the issue security level on jira.

I am able to export the security level (from my other issue tracker) in an csv. Now I am not sure of the procedure of importing the security level on jira.

Can anyone help pls?

Rahul

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Ruchi Tandon Atlassian Team Mar 09, 2014

Hi Rahul,

It seems that it is not possible to import security level using csv import due to the bug : https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM-923.

In this case, you have 2 options to set Security level for your issues :

• set security level after you imported issues using bulk operation
  • obtain the JIRA source code from http://my.atlassian.comwith JIRA source code and then modify the JIRA importer source code.

Thanks Ruchi...that confirms my analysis.

You have to have issue security enabled on the JIRA project and have the fields showing on the screens so the field can be populated. You have to have values in JIRA that you can map to from the old issue tracker. If that field and it's corrisponding values are in JIRA and available to set from a create issue screen, then you should be able to import it.

Hi Luther

Are you sure? On the CSV import , screen 2, we do not get to select security level as a field for mapping. It is a limitation of tool henc my query

Do you have security level setup with values and showing on the create issue screen?

HI Luther

Yes, i have

1. I have issue security scheme, added the security levels that are present in my old issue tracker

2. associated the issue security to the project

3. On creating an issue on the project I see the field secuity level with the levels as I had set.

The problem is while performing the csv import, the step-2 does not display security level as one of the fields avalaible for mapping on jira.

@Nic Brough: Do you have any suggestions on this please? I have received no response on this so far.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you